Today, 30.7.2019, 18:30 CET we noticed errors when creating projects using promocodes via https://try.keboola.com. We rollbacked app to the previous version and everything is working now. Moreover we continue investigating the cause of the error.
We are investigating a Google Drive Extractor authorization verification issue in Keboola Connection EU.
Only creation of new configurations is affected.
We will provide an update as soon as the issue is resolved.
Update 2019-08-14: The verification issue is resolved and new configuration are working again.
Event triggered orchestrations
- Disabled orchestrations are not triggered anymore
- Settings (like emails for error notifications) are taken from the orchestration configuration
Following writers now set data types based on metadata:
- Tableau TDE
- BigQuery v2
You can read more about Storage data types in the docs.
Gooddata Writer v3
- Fact grain is no longer reset when switching from full to incremental load
- Our new FTP Extractor is out of beta
- AdForm Extractor is deprecated
Notification of concurrent editing
A warning message is displayed when you try to edit a configuration that's being edited by someone else at the same time. It also warns you if you are editing the same configuration in a different browser tab.
CAPSLOCK notification for password field
When you focus the password field and your capslock is enabled, you'll see a notification.
Keboola is hosting our inaugural Q3/2019 customer webinar and we want you there! If you haven’t done so already, please register now. Learn about new features, functionalities, and components that we have built during the first half of the year. Additionally, see the exciting plans that we have for Keboola over the next 3-12 months.
We hope you can join us! The webinar will be available on video by request afterward as well.
Some of our users experienced errors in Keboola Connection (in both regions) yesterday when saving configurations of several components.
An error was displayed to users who tried to save their configuration between Jul 9, 2019, 12:35 CET and Jul 10, 2019, 14:18 CET.
Mainly users who have an older version of Chrome Browser or any version of the Firefox browser were affected.
The issue was caused by wrong response headers (unsupported by the mentioned browsers) being sent to a preflight request on one of our API services.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Three weeks ago we announced the start of Keboola Connection redesign.
We're glad we can share another important update with you.
We moved the navigation from the left side to the top
This allows you to more quickly navigate within a project and should improve user experience. All sections remain the same and the content hasn't changed.
Project Settings can be found on the right side (by clicking on the "cogs")
- The Project Selector is almost the same as before
- The User Settings menu has a new home on the top right side
- Also, we added a shortcut to the Trash, so you no longer need to navigate there through User & Settings
We hope you'll like this update as much as we do.
Zendesk is down, so our support system is inaccessible. Keboola Connection is unaffected, but if you run into anything critical, please reach us via email.
We'll update this post when we obtain more information.
Update 14:36 UTC - Looks like things are back to normal now.
New Features and Improvements
Require MFA for organization
There's a new option in organization-level settings which allows you to require Multi-Factor Authentication for each member of your organization and project.
Users not having the Multi-Factor Authentication enabled will be prompted to enable it.
Set same data type to all columns at once
When setting data types in transformation's Input Mapping you can set same data type to all columns at once.
GoodData Writer data types
When configuring tables in GoodData writer, we try to look for metadata for columns and set types for you automatically.
Translates text into any supported language.
New component which uses Google Cloud Natural Language API to extract text features using pre-trained machine learning models.
The old version of GoodData Writer (v2) was already unpublished a few months ago and does not allow you to create new configurations since then. Now the time has come to deprecate the component entirely and set a date for its final shut down.
The date is September 31, 2019, so you are encouraged to migrate old configurations until then. The ui shows a deprecation notice and offers you to run the migration process.
- You can now schedule orchestrations by table events. Do you want to run an orchestration as soon as a key table gets updated? You can do that now! Please refer to the documentation to help guide you through it.
- When creating a new token you can now restrict its access to the configuration trash bin
- Transformations can now be copied to the same bucket or an other transformation bucket
- Simplified version diffs for scripts
- You will now be given a warning if you cannot extend your sandbox because of required system upgrades
- For notifications, you can now choose from any email of any user that has previously worked on the orchestration or of course enter one of your choosing
- On the orchestrations listing page it will show if the orchestrations were manually triggered, event triggered, or scheduled
SQL Server extractor
- Allows incremental fetching by timestamp data type columns
- A new option to disable use of the fallback driver on failure
- We are now always displaying the documentation link for components, so please make sure that your components have it filled in the Developer Portal. If you have the documentation link then you can remove excess documentation from the long description.