Failing Snowflake Writer

Between Feb 02 22:40 UTC and Feb 03 17:25 UTC all Snowflake Writer jobs ended with the following error:

SQL compilation error: conflicting values file format parameter 'ESCAPE_UNENCLOSED_FIELD', SQL state 42601 in SQLPrepare.

We have identified the root cause of this issue and fixed it. All Snowflake writers should be fully operational now.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Week In Review -- January 9, 2017

Happy New Year everyone! Some good news here, some long awaited features finally made it.

  • Shared buckets allow you to share data between projects. Making RESTbox deprecated one feature at a time.
  • We decided to scrap all Project Power stats older than Jan 5th. We hope this is the last adjustment.
  • Bugfixes in GetStat and Qualtrics extractors.
  • Redshift bloating tables popped up again. We were not able to detect certain cases. Fixed.

Also the UI got some love

  • Link to documentation in the left pane, so you don't have to guess it
  • Long Run Ids wrap correctly in the job detail, if you're into deep job nesting
  • Google Drive Extractor does not delete the input for custom header names every 5 seconds

What's coming up next?

  • New Facebook and Salesforce extractors are getting really close.
  • Developer Portal is almost ready. There is no UI so far, we're API first.
  • Keboola Connection in AWS EU region.

Generic Extractor Failures

We're encountering a series of "Found orphaned table manifest" errors in Generic Extractor. We have identified the root cause and reverting last changes to get it back to fully working state. We will restart all affected orchestrations.

We'll update this post when the fix will be deployed.

We're sorry for this inconvenience.

UPDATE 7:25pm CEST: The fix has been deployed to production, we're restarting all failed orchestrations.

MySQL Transformation Job Failures

During last 24 hours some MySQL transformation jobs failed with the following error message:

SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: no parameters were bound

This was caused by an update in the application and it only affects transformations, that contain empty queries (eg. just ";" character). The fix will be deployed shortly and we'll restart all affected orchestrations. 

We're sorry for this inconvenience.

Week In Review -- October 31, 2016

Last week we saw a little more outages than expected, someone tried to scare us before Halloween! But we don't give up.

  • New self-managed Currency Extractor with a hint of gap-filling script.
  • Configuration description now supports markdown.
  • OpenRefine transformation won't let you save invalid JSON.
  • SQL editor shows a warning if your last query is a comment. Executing a comment will most likely fail the execution, so the warning is a temporary workaround before we're able to parse the SQL and strip the comments.
  • MongoDB extractor now supports raw export mode.

Snowflake Issues

Between Oct 26 10:40am UTC and Oct 26 12:50am UTC we encountered issues connecting to Snowflake. 

Some jobs might have ended with Internal error or one of these exceptions:

  • The error message SFExecuteQueryFailed could not be found in the en-US locale. Check that /en-US/SFMessages.xml exists., SQL state S1000 in SQLPrepare
  • Failed to execute query. Error code=-1, GS error code=601, GS error message=Service temporarily unavailable. Retry the request later.

We're investigating the root cause with Snowflake support and identifying and restarting affected orchestrations.