We developed a new version of the SalesForce.com extractor and renamed the current version to SalesForce.com (Deprecated).
As some of the changes introduced in the new version are backwards incompatible, these two versions will be running aside for a period of time and we kindly ask you to migrate your configurations.
- Extractor now runs asynchronously - less CURL errors, more scalability and durability, monitoring via Jobs app
- Configuration is stored in sys.c-ex-salesforce, was in sys.c-SFDC previously
- Data is stored in in.c-ex-salesforce-config, was in in.c-config previously (where config is configuration name)
- Some changes in the UI (mostly the menu on the right)
As there is an OAuth authorization in the process, we can't automate and test the process. Follow this guide for each SalesForce.com extractor configuration in your project. Migration can be performed in 4 easy steps:
- Copy configuration
- Reauthorize extractor
- Run extraction
1. Copy Configuration
Using the UI create a new configuration in SalesForce.com extractor and copy & paste all queries and credentials you have in your SalesForce.com (Deprecated) configuration.
2. Reauthorize Extractor
As the extractor runs on a different worker, you need to get new OAuth tokens. Do it simply by clicking on Authorize SalesForce in the right menu.
3. Run extraction
You can now run all queries by clicking on Run all queries in the UI. You can monitor the progress in the Jobs application.
If you have any incremental query in your configuration you need to migrate the data extracted by these queries first. Repeat this for every incremental query:
- Use Storage application and make a snapshot of the two original incremental tables (eg. in.c-SFDC01.User and in.c-SFDC01.User_deleted).
- Use the Create new table from snapshot function to copy the tables to the new bucket (eg. in.c-ex-salesforce-SFDC01.User and in.c-ex-salesforce-SFDC01.User_deleted). If the destination bucket does not exist, simply create the bucket manually or run any non-incremental query.
Once you have downloaded the initial set of data you may need to alter some transformations and orchestrations to integrate the new extractor in the whole pipeline.
Create a new orchestration task with the new SalesForce.com extractor with the same parameters and then delete the old SalesForce.com Deprecated extractor.
There are two options how to migrate the transformations. You can change the input mappings from the old tables to the new tables (the structure and column names remain the same), or you can keep the old names and simply delete the old tables and make an alias for each deleted table (eg. delete in.c-SFDC01.User and make an alias, eg. in.c-ex-salesforce-SFDC01.User->in.c-SFDC01.User).
End Of Life Announcement
The SalesForce.com (Deprecated) extractor will be terminated on January 15th. If you have any trouble migratings your configuration, please contact email@example.com.