Support for MySQL in Keboola Connection is coming to its end. Here's what will happen.
- New projects and projects without existing MySQL transformations will not be able to create new MySQL transformations.
MySQL Storage Backend (supported until January 2018)
- The default storage backend for all projects is immediately switched from MySQL to Snowflake.
- All MySQL buckets in all projects will be migrated to Snowflake in January 2018. This will not affect any operations, only a short maintenance on the project will be required.
- No changes in the project are required.
- You can apply for a sooner migration at email@example.com.
MySQL Transformations (supported until April 2018)
- Your existing MySQL transformations will need to be migrated to Snowflake by the end of April 2018.
- If you need any help migrating your MySQL transformations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
These steps will allow us to deprecate a piece of the legacy infrastructure and focus on the state of the art technologies. The Snowflake storage backend and transformations have significant performance and scaling benefits, so your projects will run faster than on MySQL without any extra charge.