We have been working on RStudio and Jupyter Notebook sandboxes (these are the missing sandboxes for R and Python transformations) for some time and we now feel that it is time to move to the next phase.
We can now enable these on a per-user basis for early adopters. If you are interested in playing with these Sandboxes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (don't forget to tell us your KBC email).
- Sandboxes are available only as plain sandboxes (not in a transformation bucket yet)
- HTTPS is not yet supported.
- Sandbox disk space is limited to 10GB.
- Memory is limited to 8GB.
- The UI allows loading only tables to the Sandbox. Loading input files and transformation script is supported only by the API.
- Sandboxes will be deleted after 5 days.
- Adding data to existing sandboxes is not supported.
Otherwise, it's like RStudio connected to your KBC project:
The CSV file locations are the same as in transformations (/data/in/tables/). In the meantime, we will work on:
- HTTPS Support.
- Creating better UI and integration with transformations.
- Allowing tables and files to be added to a running sandbox.